EnglishThe Lenape Valley Regional High School English Department has designed courses to provide all the students with a meaningful four-year study of the arts of language and learning.
Students in all English classes will be expected to:
Lenape Valley Regional High School is not responsible for information found on networks outside of the organization and it does not have control over information residing on the other systems to which there is access through the district's web site.
- Write paragraphs and longer units of discourse that demonstrate topic development.
- Use transitional devices, appropriate word choices, clear language use, and effective organization.
- Analyze and discuss the tone, point of view, and meaning of works of literature drawn from different genres.
- Employ reference materials and strategies of the writing process to compose in various modes and various lengths.
- Practice formal and informal discourse/dialogue for a variety of real purposes and audiences in a variety of contexts.
- Apply test taking strategies to diverse testing purposes with references to reading comprehension, language structure, critical thinking and vocabulary.
Last Modified on February 3, 2015